Human Eye and Colourful World- Notes
The human eye is an optical device that serves as our organ of sight. It transforms light waves reflected from objects we see into images.
The major parts of the human eye and their functions are:
- Sclera: Protects and contains internal parts
- Cornea: Refracts incident light
- Aqueous humour: Prevents collapse of the eye due to atmospheric pressure changes.
- Iris: Adjusts the size of pupil
- Crystalline lens: Focuses the light reflected by objects on the retina
- Ciliary muscles: Alter focal length of the crystalline lens
- Retina: Receives optical image and converts it to optical impulse
- Vitreous humour: Maintains the shape of the eye