ICSE Class 9th Chemistry 1 – The Language Of Chemistry – Notes
The Language Of Chemistry – Notes
Atoms and Molecules
- Matter is made of tiny indivisible particles.
- In any chemical reaction, the total mass of the substance before and after the reaction is the same although its matter undergoes a physical change.
- Molecule is the combined state of atoms.
- Number of atoms constituting a molecule is atomicity.
- Cation is a positively charged particle in a molecule.
- Negatively charged particle in a molecule is known as anion.
- Combining capacity of an element is known as valency.
- Formula is a short hand representation of a molecule.
- For writing a formula a set of rules are followed.
ICSE Class 9th Chemistry 1 - The Language Of Chemistry - Notes